Review of the Documentary, "The Future of Food"

By JULIE - 9:43:00 AM

I just watched the documentary, "The Future of Food" by Deborah Koon Garcia this weekend.  It was a precursur to the documentary "Food inc." (which I highly recommend seeing if you have not already.)  It is re-airing on pbs Fall 2011 on the series POV.  you can check your local listings here.  It went much more into depth about the subject of Monsanto and genetically modified food which was just lightly touched on in Food inc.  I want to learn more about the company Monsanto they are huge and scary and I want to know all the products they own so I will never support them.

Before watching this documentary I didn't understand why so many people were upset about GM foods.  I always thought it meant that new varieties of food were developed through old school natural selection.  That is so not the case.  It  made me glad that I am growing my own food.  I just wish I had grown all heirloom seeds this year.  Oh well, I will next year!

I think this is a film everyone should watch. You can watch the full documentary on HULU for free @
http://www.hulu.com/watch/67878/the-future-of-food

Or watch it from the documentaries web site for free or purchase it @
http://www.thefutureoffood.com/

Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced



Click Here For More Documentary Reviews With Links To Watch

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts