Cantalopue Peach Smoothie (Vegan, Paleo)

By JULIE - 3:38:00 PM


I often have a cantaloupe around in the summer.  I love cantaloupe and I love that they are so inexpensive and just the perfect size to pig out on for 1-2 people (I married with no kids).  Cantaloupe is also very high in vitamin C and A.  I cup has 95% of RDA (recommended daily Allowance) and 106% of vitamin A along with other vitamins and minerals.
I developed this recipe while looking into alkaline diets.  I had seen a picture of Elle Mcpherson yesterday in a bikini looking amazing of course (she is a super model after all), but for 51 years old.....wow!  Funny how time goes on and you don't realize how old some celebrities are especially when they look like they don't change at all!  So I'm sure there is a lot more to her looking like she hasn't aged in 20 years than diet alone, but she does follow an alkaline diet. Which of course as reading that and thinking of what to do for breakfast made me think twice about my breakfast of bacon and eggs I was contemplating.

I starting thinking well maybe I will just have cantaloupe with my coffee and have an early lunch.  So  I cracked open a cantaloupe and it should have been perfectly ripe, the rind was thin and the pieces were juicy, but it was not sweet.  So I thought hey why don't I just use it in a smoothie?  For some reason I never thought of using cantaloupe in a smoothie, even though I love having my strawberry watermelon smoothie.  I am so glad I thought of adding cantaloupe to my smoothie.  It was was light and refreshing, alkalizing, vegan, and fairly low in calories and sugar.  Lately I've been having this as a late breakfast (after drinking my coffee), or as a treat during the day.  

Cantaloupe Peach Smoothie (Vegan, Paleo) 
Makes 1 serving about 2-3 cups

Ingredients 
  • 2 cups chopped ripe cantaloupe (about 1/4)
  • 1 ripe organic peach pitted and chopped into chunks and frozen
  • 1/2 to a whole (depending on how much banana you want) medium banana peeled sliced and frozen
  •  1/2 cup water or organic orange juice
  • 2 Tablespoons frozen organic orange juice concentrate (can skip if using orange juice)
 Directions
  • Pit the peach and chop up into 2" pieces and freeze overnight (I put mine in a plastic bag laying flat)
  •  Peel a banana and slice and freeze over night
  • Put 1 cup of the chopped cantaloupe and 1/2 cup water and or orange juice in the blender.  Blend until liquified.
  • Put the remaining ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
  • Serve immediately
Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.


©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts