I'm loving smoothies in this July heat! I've made up a few that I keep in rotation that I love (like my green tea latte smoothie), and my husbands favorite my chocolate almond smoothie (recipe to come for that soon). This one is definitely entering the rotation!
I like to make up smoothies that don't have a ton of sugar (even if it is from fruit). Because even to much fruit can be a bad thing, especially if your like me and having a few a day. Since this recipe has only one peach and 1/2 a banana, it's not to bad with sugar. I also like to make smoothies with a little interesting twist. This one has it with a hint of pie spices. This would make a great breakfast if you add a vanilla protein powder to it. That's right pie for breakfast!
Peach Pie Smoothie Recipe
(makes about 2 cups)
- 1/2 small ripe banana, peeled and frozen in 1" pieces (use about 3-4 pieces) you can save the rest for a smoothie the next day
- 1 medium to large sized ripe organic (it's one of the dirty dozen) peach pitted, cut in half and frozen (cut into 1" chunks after frozen to make blending easier)
- 1/2 cup of coconut, almond, or cashew milk
- 3/4 cup of ice (about 5 ice cubes)
- 1 tsp flax meal (ground flax)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in blender, pulse first until the ice is a bit broken up and then blend on a low speed working toward high. Blend until smooth. If you have been blending for a while with no movement add more "milk". Taste it, if it's not sweet enough add a little stevia or raw honey until desired taste is achieved
- serve immediately.
©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced
More Smoothie Recipes: