Peach Pie Smoothie Recipe (Vegan, Paleo, Raw, Dairy free)

By JULIE - 4:27:00 PM


I'm loving smoothies in this July heat! I've made up a few that I keep in rotation that I love (like my green tea latte smoothie), and my husbands favorite my chocolate almond smoothie (recipe to come for that soon).  This one is definitely entering the rotation!


 I like to make up smoothies that don't have a ton of sugar (even if it is from fruit).  Because even to much fruit can be a bad thing, especially if your like me and having a few a day.  Since this recipe has only one peach and 1/2 a banana, it's not to bad with sugar.  I also like to make smoothies with a little interesting twist.  This one has it with a hint of pie spices.  This would make a great breakfast if you add a vanilla protein powder to it.  That's right pie for breakfast!

Peach Pie Smoothie Recipe
(makes about 2 cups)

Ingredients
  • 1/2 small ripe banana, peeled and frozen in 1" pieces (use about 3-4 pieces) you can save the rest for a smoothie the next day
  • 1 medium to large sized ripe organic (it's one of the dirty dozen) peach pitted, cut in half and frozen (cut into 1" chunks after frozen to make blending easier)
  • 1/2 cup of coconut, almond, or cashew milk
  • 3/4 cup of ice (about 5 ice cubes)
  • 1 tsp flax meal (ground flax)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • pinch of ginger
  • pinch of nutmeg
Directions 
  • Combine all ingredients in blender, pulse first until the ice is a bit broken up and then blend on a low speed working toward high.  Blend until smooth.  If you have been blending for a while with no movement add more "milk". Taste it, if it's not sweet enough add a little stevia or raw honey until desired taste is achieved
  • serve immediately.
Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced



More Smoothie Recipes:

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts