Since watermelons are mostly water they actually have some pretty cool properties for smoothies. When you use fresh watermelon, in the blender it turns into almost pure liquid. And when you use frozen watermelon (which turns to nearly ice but not quite) it turns into anywhere from a smoothie to a slushie type consistency. And another bonus is when you freeze it, it last longer! Just cut it in cubes, put it on a baking sheet and freeze them individually, then put into a freezer safe container.
|Check out Girl Makes Food for an easy watermelon sorbet recipe without an ice cream makeover|
Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cupsIngredients
- 1 cup of fresh watermelon cubed
- 3/4 cup of frozen watermelon cubed
- 3/4 to 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp stevia (optional)
- Put 1/2 cup of fresh watermelon in you blender with 2 tsp of lime juice and blend until it turns to liquid.
- Pour in the remaining 1/2 cup of fresh watermelon and blend until liquid
- Put in the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and serve immediately.
©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced