Raw Zucchini Chips

By JULIE - 12:10:00 PM

zucchini chips and hummus
Welcome to my latest obsession.  I can't get enough of these.  Who knew that zucchini could be so good?  I got the ideal for this because I had hummus but I was tired of eating it with bread and would rather eat veggies.  Since I had a lot of zucchini in the fridge (they are so cheap at the farmer's market) I figured maybe I could turn them into chips.  I usually research many recipes before creating my own recipe, but not this time.  I totally winged it which was pretty daring since I've never made chips before, but I lucked out they turned out so fantastic I might just be addicted.  At least they're healthier than potato chips!  You can flavor them really however you want.  So feel free and try other spices you have on hand that you think you might like!
Fitinessista's zucchini chips made with a vegetable peeler, I plan to try this way next
Ingredients
  • 1 large zucchini sliced
  • garlic powder
  • onion powder
  • MSG free season salt
  • red pepper (powdered found in the spice aisle) could sub paprika or omit
  • Olive oil

Directions
  1. Slice zucchini thin by mandolin, food processor, or by hand with a knife or vegetable peeler (the long way see picture to the right).
  2. Place on a cookie sheet and put olive oil on both sides of the slices and season only one side.  It saves time and when the chips shrink you're less likely to over season it since it becomes concentrated.
  3. You can either place directly in your dehydrator and leave in until crisp or you can place in your oven on warm with the rack closer to the heating unit.  Depending on how thick or thin you slice it it could take a few hours to almost all day to become crisp.  So check it more often if your slices are pretty thin.
Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced


You May Also Like: 
How to Make Kale Chips: Cheesy and Spicy 2 different ways
Easy Candied Coconut Walnut Clusters 
Creamy Peanut Butter Hummus Recipe (with a surprise secret healthy ingredient!)
Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites  
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn Recipe (Gluten Free, great for gifts, potlucks, and parties)




 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts