Sweet and Spicy Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe

By JULIE - 11:51:00 AM

image from one hot dish
I am starting to plan the Thanksgiving menu for this year.  I have been hosting Thanksgiving for our family for about 4 yrs now.  I take notes every year and learn more every year.  I will be sharing my tips and tricks I have learned so far with hosting Thanksgiving in a posts soon.  I plan to test out some new recipes in the next few weeks before thanksgiving and of course will share the results, along with my final menu plan.  This sweet potato recipe I created and have used for the last few years for Thanksgiving.  I always get raves about it.  I developed this recipe as an alternative to the super sweet marsh mellow traditional sweet potato dish.  Are taste buds crave sweet, spice, and salt this dish has it all. Even my mother in-law loves it and she doesn't like spicy foods! I always make this a day ahead and just reheat it in the oven Thanksgiving day.


Sweet and Spicy Mashed Sweet Potatoes

2-3 lbs of organic sweet potatoes
3 tablespoons of honey (more or less to taste)
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (you can always add more later but you can't add less!)
4 tablespoons of unsalted organic butter

1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
pink salt and freshly to taste

  1. Cut up sweet potatoes into 1" chunks and out into a pot of water on the stove top and boil until tender (you can poke a fork into it)
  2. Drain the water and mash with a potato masher
  3. Pour in the milk and butter, honey, and spices, mix and serve!

Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

Check Out Our Other Side Dish Recipes 
Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts