Simple No Bake Lemon Coconut Macaroons Cookies Recipe

By JULIE - 4:56:00 PM

I can't stop eating these.  Thank god they're healthy!  I've ate  half of my batch already.  In fact I'm even eating them as I write this.  I've been obsessed lately with raw cookies.   They're great to have around for snacks.  This is my favorite so far.  I guarantee no one would suspect these are healthy!   This recipe is adapted from Addicted to Veggies's Coconut Lemon Meltaways.  
No Bake Lemon Macaroons 
(yields 21-24 cookies)

Ingredients
  • Almond flour or meal 1 1/3 cups
  • Coconut flour 1/3 cup
  • Flax meal 1/2 cup
  • Sweetened shredded coconut flakes 1 1/2 cups
  • 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
  • 2 pinches of pink salt
  • 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoon raw honey (can sub 1 tablespoon with 1 teaspoon stevia)
  • 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp lemon extract
  • 1 tablespoon zest of organic lemon
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon curd (optional omit if you want it to be raw or vegan)
Directions
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (1 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1/3 cup of flax meal, 1/3 cup of coconut flour, 1 1/2 cup of coconut flakes,2  pinches of salt
2. Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix the lemon curd into the mixture thoroughly.
3. Put the wet ingredients into the large bowl and mix thoroughly
4. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies and you can either put into the fridge to chill for about a half an hr, or stick them on warm in the oven for 1-2 hrs or in your dehydrator.  I put mine in the oven on warm for two hrs and they were crispy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. Eat within 24 hours or freeze.  I didn't eat it all right away and they lost all the lemon flavor and the great texture they got from the oven (crispy on the outside gooey on the inside).

Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduce

Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts