I can't stop eating these. Thank god they're healthy! I've ate half of my batch already. In fact I'm even eating them as I write this. I've been obsessed lately with raw cookies. They're great to have around for snacks. This is my favorite so far. I guarantee no one would suspect these are healthy! This recipe is adapted from Addicted to Veggies's Coconut Lemon Meltaways.
(yields 21-24 cookies)
- Almond flour or meal 1 1/3 cups
- Coconut flour 1/3 cup
- Flax meal 1/2 cup
- Sweetened shredded coconut flakes 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 2 pinches of pink salt
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon raw honey (can sub 1 tablespoon with 1 teaspoon stevia)
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon zest of organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon curd (optional omit if you want it to be raw or vegan)
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (1 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1/3 cup of flax meal, 1/3 cup of coconut flour, 1 1/2 cup of coconut flakes,2 pinches of salt
2. Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix the lemon curd into the mixture thoroughly.
3. Put the wet ingredients into the large bowl and mix thoroughly
4. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies and you can either put into the fridge to chill for about a half an hr, or stick them on warm in the oven for 1-2 hrs or in your dehydrator. I put mine in the oven on warm for two hrs and they were crispy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. Eat within 24 hours or freeze. I didn't eat it all right away and they lost all the lemon flavor and the great texture they got from the oven (crispy on the outside gooey on the inside).