I've Gained 20 Pounds Since Hitting My Goal Weight 5 Years Ago.

By JULIE - 10:14:00 AM

My weight today: a great ex. of how unacurate the scale can be, just a few hrs before I was 2 lbs less

About 5 years ago I knew it was time to focus on losing weight when I started to not fit into my clothes anymore.  I am not overweight, but I just want to stay at a healthy weight for me.  For everyone that is different.  I am a pear shape, so I gain weight first in my but, hips, and thighs, then my stomach, and lastly on top.  So I know when I'm gaining inches in my waist I know I'm gaining weight and need to make some changes.


I tried really hard to loose weight for months and nothing happened.  Eventually though it began to work so well it felt effortless.  I lost 20 lbs in a few months and it didn't feel like I was even trying.  Luckily I blogged about it here, because it's hard to remember what I did years ago.  I'm hoping to recreate the weight loss magic I found 5 years ago again.

Why Did I Gain the Weight Back?
I have since gained it all back (plus a little more) and I find myself reading my own post trying to figure out what I did that worked so well back then.  So what happend since then?  Well after I lost more than my goal weight, I allowed myself some cheats here and there, and eventually my diet got totally off track.  "It's been months since I've had ice cream, and I did lose weight and it's summer...."  is what I would tell myself.  My workout got off track too.  I was working out at a gym and it wasn't available for a few months, and then I got out of the habit of working out.  I was working out at home before that, but for some reason I didn't go back to that when I couldn't go to the gym anymore.  Basically I think I gained it all back because I stopped trying when I was at my ideal weight, not that what I was doing wouldn't work long term.

Since my post 5 years ago I've been at my highest weight ever for about 2 years, only to gain a few extra pounds beyond that, this fall.  The last few years I've had alot of things going on and just didn't feel I had the space in my head to commit to losing weight.  I finally feel like now I'm in a good place to start.  While flipping channels I happened to come across the show, "Revenge Body" with Khloe Kardashian and was surprisingly found it to be very inspiring and a good source of mentors.  Each show has 2 people on that she sets up with top trainers and nutritionalist.   I like to find trainers that inspire me and have videos I can follow.  I've been following Simone de La Rue and Harley Pasternack  from the show currently and trying to create a diet and exercise plan that I will actually follow that I think will work based on advice from trainers.  I plan to blog about my goal : to lose 20 lbs in 3 months  and whether or not it's working.

Don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter Instagramand check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

Disclamer
I am not a doctor. I have ZERO medical training and NO formal nutritional training.  The information provided on this site, such as text, graphics, images, is for informational purposes only. It is not to be construed as medical care or medical advice and is not a replacement for medical care given by physicians or trained medical personnel.  Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider(s) when experiencing symptoms or health problems, or before starting any new treatment.

Similar Articles:
15 Easy Tips to Lose 5 pounds: What Works for Me

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts