No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, no Flour, gf)

By JULIE - 3:40:00 PM

I have recently become interested in raw food.  I can't see myself ever going completely raw (or vegan) but I think increasing my diet with the best raw and vegan recipes out there is a good addition to our diet.  I am particularly interested in all the fantastic sounding desserts on raw food blogs along with lots of great dehydration cracker recipes, and smoothies.  If you read this blog you know that I love desserts, so I am on a constant quest for simple easy healthy desserts, so I can eat as much desert as I want! 
These cookies taste like a cookie granola bar and take like 5 min to make.  I dare you to eat just one!  This recipe is based on a raw cookie dough recipe from the blog A Dash of Compassion.  Instead of using agave nectar I used honey (a lot less only 2 tablespoons) and replaced with 1 tsp of stevia and 3 tsp of almond milk (unsweetened) and 1 tablespoons of coconut oil for the moisture needed.  I also added a bit more oatmeal to make it more cookie like and keep it's shape better and flax for nutrition.  I think next time I make it I will use peanuts instead of almonds and add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter to make a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie (my husband is obsessed with all things peanut butter and chocolate).

No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies 
(Vegan, no Flour, gf)

Ingredients
1/2 cup raw almonds (or raw peanuts)
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1 cup raw oat flakes*
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp pink salt
2 tbsp of raw honey 
2 tsp of stevia  
3 tbsp flax meal or seeds
3 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk (or fav milk of choice)
1 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp cocao nibs or dark chocolate chips

Instructions
1. In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, stevia, cinnamon, and salt to a fine meal.
2. Add the honey, almond milk, and vanilla and process to combine. (if it's too stiff add a little more almond milk until it feels like cookie dough)
3. Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.
4. Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer (I use pryex containers).

*This can be substituted for regular rolled oats, but if you want this treat to be truly raw, look for raw oat flakes, which haven't been steamed or toasted during processing.  Also look for certifed gluten free if you are on a gf diet.

Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts