Squirrels and Bees in Our Compost Pile

By JULIE - 9:13:00 AM


About a month ago I saw a squirrel stuck in our compost bin.  It was only stuck for like 5 min so it was just kind of funny.  I caught it all on video.

Yesterday I was putting kitchen scrapes into our compost pile and noticed a lot of flies.  This is unusual for us.  We have been composting for 3 yrs and I rarely see any flies by our compost pile.  It also does not smell.  I think it was due to all the moisture in the whole melon I had just dumped in the compost bin the day before.  I did not notice any bees however, until I was stung.  Luckily I'm not allergic!  It stung me on my finger joint right when I was in the middle of doing dishes, cooking, canning (for the 2nd time), and making dinner.  Talk about bad timing!

Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts