Citrus Honey Cinnamon Brown Sugar Body Scrub

By JULIE - 2:22:00 PM

image via Cut out and Keep

I haven't made bath and body products in awhile, but decided to make some for Christmas.  And boy am I glad I did.  Believe it or not I have never made a sugar scrub before.  I'm amazed I never have it's so easy and affordable that I don't feel guilty using it as often as I want.


This recipe creates a scrub that has a little cleansing action and a nice citrus scent (lemon and orange essential oils) with some warm tones (cinnamon and the brown sugar) and a hint of soothing scents (tea tree, and rosemary).  I think it smells really yummy!  It only requires a few essential oils (which can be omitted) and the rest of the ingredients are ones most people already have in there pantry.  The only ingredients you absolutely need is a liquid oil and sugar.  There are a lot of different ways you could alter this recipe to suit your taste.  For example ginger could be a nice addition if you have it on hand.  I plan to try adding that next time I make this  You could also add any other essential oils to this that you think would be nice.  I would suggest using a plastic container to put your scrub in since you likely to be using it in the shower just to be safe (broken glass in the shower could be bad!)  I used plastic baby food containers I got at the dollar store for mine, that way you have extra containers to make some for gifts. 

Citrus Honey Cinnamon Brown Sugar Body Scrub
(Yields 3/4 cup or 6 oz)

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (can sub white sugar)
  • 1 tablespoon  of tea tree castile soap (I used Dr Brommer's) optional this will give your scrub some cleansing and sudsy action.
  •  1/4 cup of olive oil (can sub any other liquid oil for example vegetable oil, canola, grapeseed, almond, jojoba, etc.)
  • 1 tsp lemon juice 
  • 1 tsp honey
  •  1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp isopropyl alcohol (optional  preservative)
  • 15 drops of orange essential oils
  • 10-15 drops of lemon essential oil
  • 5 drops of rosemary essential oil (preservative
Direction
Mix all ingredients together in a sterilized small bowl and poor into sterilized (I used  isopropyl alcohol to sterilize mine) containers.  I used plastic baby food containers from the drug store so I wouldn't have to worry about glass breaking in the shower.   

Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts