Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles Recipe
|Image credit: Love Your Mother|
I made truffles for Xmas this year for the first time. It was so easy and turned out great. I gave them out from Christmas and everyone loved them including my husband (which is no surprise because he is obsessed with chocolate and peanut butter). The only thing I would do different next time is add more peanut butter. The recipe below is the one I used from the book "Truffles and Other Chocolate Confections", by Pamella Asquith.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
"Truffles and Other Chocolate Confections", by Pamella Asquith.
2/3 cup organic heavy cream
10 oz milk or dark chocolate, very finely chopped or mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup of organic peanut butter
chopped peanuts (optional)
1 1/4 lb of milk or dark chocolate for dipping
- In a heavy 1 1/2- 2 qt saucepan, scald the cream. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the chocolate until smooth. Fold in the peanut butter until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hrs or overnight.
- Form into tablespoon-sized balls and freeze for 10 min
- Temper the chocolate and dip each ball into it
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on
- Store well sealed in the refrigerator or freezer
Don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook. Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus. And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.