Simple Healthy Watermelon Frosty (perfect way to save a not sweet watermelon)

By JULIE - 7:49:00 PM

 

Watermelon frosty non sweet

Whenever I get a watermelon it is usually way to much for my husband and I to eat so I freeze some of it and make watermelon frosties with it.  I usually only use watermelon with a touch of lime juice (cause I ❤️ lime).  

To make it I simply blend some cut and seeded watermelon chunks in the blender and turn it into watermelon juice.  Then I add frozen watermelon chunks to desired texture.  That's it!  Super easy and healthy cause it's just watermelon.

Recently I bought my first ever not so great watermelon.  It was not sweet at all!  My first thought was maybe I can add simple syrup to my watermelon frosty.  I did.....and it worked 🙌

This is how I made my watermelon frosty with my not so great watermelon enjoy!


How I Make my Watermelon Frosty 


Cut up watermelon leave some fresh, and freeze some.  Place in a large zip lock bag and freeze laying down with pieces seperate so the watermelon cuts don't freeze together.  If some do freeze together use a meat tenderize to hit it in the bag.
Make simple syrup (skip this step if your watermelon is sweet) and add to blender.  
 



Blend the fresh watermelon lime juice and simple syrup this creates watermelon juice.






ENJOY!

Don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on instagram. And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts