October Harvest Tally and Garden Updates

By JULIE - 2:07:00 PM

Garden B
The garden harvests are winding down.  We harvested the last of our tomatoes, peppers, and beans and took them down for the season.  I pruned our raspberry bushes back, getting ready for winter.

We still have Kale, Swiss Chard, broccoli, carrots, turnips, cilantro, brussel sprouts, and cabbage. I found we had cilantro recently.  I thought none of the seeds from the second planting I did worked but it was just hiding!  I have determined that cilantro should be planted twice just like sugar peas, since it bolts to quickly in heat. The brussel sprouts still haven't matured, hopefully they will soon. 

Garden A
October Harvest Tally 
Tomatoes  22 lbs
Beans        1 lb 3 oz
Broccoli     12 oz
Cucumbers   4 oz
 Kale          1 lb 5 oz
Swiss Chard  1 lb
Peppers        9 oz
Produce Total = 27 lbs 1 oz
Produce Tally for whole season so far 2011= 182 lbs

Tomato Sauce 3 quarts and 1 pint
Cat Nip 1/2 oz

Don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts