PBC&J Grilled Peanut Butter and Chocolate with Jelly Sandwich Recipe

By JULIE - 2:01:00 PM

 The idea for the recipe came to me while eating the PB&J sandwich I brought with me to eat for lunch.  I was starving and yet could barley eat this tasteless thing I had packed for the day.  I started thinking of how I could make it better.  Grilled with chocolate?  I ate just enough to hold me over, and when I got home I took the same tasteless sandwich I was eating earlier and added chocolate and grilled it with olive oil in my cast iron skillet.  Wow!  Night and day.  It was so good I've been craving it often for lunch.  Why did I not think of this before?  It's so simple and good!



  • 2 slices of your favorite bread
  • mini bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (so it melts easily)
  • organic or natural peanut butter (if it's not natural or organic it will have partially-hydrogenated oils in it)
  • your favorite organic jelly (most fruit, like strawberries and raspberries are on the dirty dozen pesticide list)
  • good quality virgin olive oil (I use Trader Joe's Spanish Olive Oil, it's cheap and great quality)
  1.  preheat a cast iron skillet on medium to high heat and use canola oil to coat the pan
  2. spread the peanut butter and jelly on the bread as shown in the pic above and put together
  3.  put olive oil on one side of the sandwich and place that side on the skillet, turn heat to medium
  4. put olive oil on the non grilled side and flip as soon as the bread if golden brown (be careful not to burn it)
  5. once both sides are golden brown your done.  Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Other variations you could try.....
  • Raspberry jam, white chocolate, and PBJ
  • Peach jam, honey, and PBJ
  • Chocolate, carmel sauce, and PBJ
  • Orange marmalade, curry sauce, and PBJ
  • Chocolate, Coconut, and Almond Butter
  • Chocolate, bananas, and PBJ
  • strawberry jam and chocolate
  • Apple fritter bread (Archer Farms @Target) with Apple Butter and PBJ
You could also sub PBJ for any nut spread (like Almond or hazelnut for example), or Nutella.  Let you imagination run wild.....  Let us know if you come up with any fab combinations or try any of the above!

Don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

For more of our recipes click here

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts