Wholly Peas

By JULIE - 10:16:00 AM

(Was Written orginaly in June)
My husband and I went on a road trip to WI for 3 days, it rained for a couple of days. By the time I could work in our garden, the peas were completely overgrown. We had been meaning to trellis them, but hadn't got to it. Boy that was a mistake! I've spent days trying to fix it and harvest all of our peas.
 Next year I plan to plant half of the peas 3 weeks later, so the harvest is more even and I'm not so overwhelmed with the care and harvesting. I also plan to plant 6 -9 per sq foot instead of the 16 per sq foot I have been doing. I think this will help prevent mildew by increasing circulation and will be easier to maintain and harvest. And of course I plan to trellis them immediately. I'm still learning, but have come away from previous years when I didn't harvest my sugar snap peas at the right time. I learned the hard way that the pods do get fibrous if you harvest them to late.

Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts