I'll admit it I'm addicted to popsicles right now. Eating them and making them. I even dream of popsicles. The trick is to make them healthy so I can eat as many as I want guilt free.
I think I've succeeded with my popsicle version of my raw vegan pudding recipe. It's basically the same recipe slightly altered to fit a typical popsicle mold set with slightly less fat so that it holds it's shape better (think about how hard it would be to freeze ice cream in a mold). This recipe yields a popsicle that's similar to a fudgesicle with a bit of icyness to it. If you want it creamier than that just use a larger avocado.
Why This Recipe Is Healthy
Guilt free pudding pops? Yes it seriously is. While it does have a little sugar in it, it also has a lot of good fat, and protein, that will slow the absorption of the sugar making it GI (glycemic index) friendly. It also has lots of vitamins and minerals and antioxidants from the avocado, bananas, and raw cocao.
Chocolate Pudding Pops
makes 5-6 popsicles
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted (7-7.5 oz, if it's to big you can freeze the rest)
- 2 large bananas
- 1/3 cup raw cocao powder (can sub with cocoa powder but won't be raw)
- 2 Tablespoons stevia (I use Trader Joe's, can sub with raw honey so that it's raw)
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla (can sub with a vanilla bean or omit so that it's raw)
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 cup cashew milk or coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw vegan vanilla or chocolate protein powder (equals about 1.5 g of protein per pop)
- Make sure there is enough room in the freezer
- Put the above ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour into molds leaving a little room at the top to expand and freeze for a minimum of 5 hrs.
- You can leave them in the molds until you want to use them and wait a minute or two for it to unfreeze enough to unmold them or you can unmold them in a bucket of warm bater and refreeze them in the freezer.
©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproducedCheck out my other popsicle recipes:
chocolate peanut butter popsicles
coconut milk popsicles