I made two pies for Thanksgiving, this and a Chocolate cream pie. The cool thing about both is it's super easy and you can make it ahead and freeze it then just take it out of the freezer to thaw the mourning of Thanksgiving. Even if it doesn't defrost it's still great frozen so you can't go wrong!
While this is not a raw pie (due to the use of chocolate chips) it is a slight variation of my strawberry raw cheesecake recipe. I wanted to make a pie that's a play on white and dark chocolate that's not too rich and sweet. I think this hit the mark perfectly! It's made mostly of nuts, lemon juice, and coconut oil, and the only sugar is in the white chocolate and dates (which still isn't much).
No Bake Healthy White Chocolate Pie
(makes 1 whole pie)
Prep time: 15 m in
Total time: 2 1/2 to 3 hrs
- 1 1/2 cups of raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup of flax meal
- 1/4 cup dates (about 5-6 dates) soaked for 10-15 min if dried including the liquid used for soaking
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raw cocao (or cocoa powder)
- 2 3/4 cups of soaked (3-8 hrs) raw cashews
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup of organic lemon juice
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips (make sure it doesn't have partially hydrogenated oil I use Ghirardelli or Trader Joe's)
- 2 1/2 tablespoon of stevia (can sub 1/4 cup of raw honey or agave syrup)
- Place 1 1/2 cups of walnuts, 1/4 cup of flax meal, into a 6 cup or larger food processor along with 1/4 cup of soaked dates with the soaking liquid and grind until thoroughly chopped and combined.
- Press the crust into a 9 inch pie tin and place into the freezer while making filling (about 10 min).
- Drain soaked cashews in a large colander (if it's slimy that's okay just rinse it well).
- Melt your coconut oil and white chocolate together by creating a double boiler. Place oil and white chocolate in a metal or glass bowl over a pot with water that fits it and turn stove on low to medium heat stirring occasionally just until melted.
- Place 2 3/4 cups of soaked and drained cashews into a 6 cup or larger food processor along with 1/4 cup of lemon juice, melted coconut oil and white chocolate, 2 1/2 tablespoon of stevia, and 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract. Process until the texture is smooth. If it is not smooth enough you can add some plain organic yogurt or more lemon juice a little at a time until smooth.
- Spread your filling onto your crust and freeze for 2-3 hours until set. Slice and serve with our 5 min chocolate sauce or sprinkle on top before freezing. Store in freezer for best shelf life, but if not possible you can store in the refrigerator up to a few days.