Just follow my pizza dough and sauce recipe. I know making things from scratch takes time, so why not make extra and freeze the rest for later? There is nothing better then having home cooked frozen meals fill your freezer instead of tasteless processed foods filled with GMO products and chemicals.
I posted my wheat and flax pizza dough recipe awhile ago, while making pizza yesterday I realized I should post my pizza sauce recipe too. If you look at my pizza dough recipe you will see that I usually make enough dough for at least 3 pizzas (depending on how large you make your pizza). We make one pizza and then freeze the dough. When I want to make pizza I take it out of the freezer the night before into the fridge or leave it on the counter the mourning of the day I want to make pizza. I also make enough sauce for 2-3 pizzas when I make the dough, use what I need for the pizza that night and freeze the rest in half pint jars (that are freezable). Just put the sauce in the fridge to defrost the night before you want to make pizza. The cool part about the sauce is I add the veggie toppings I like in the sauce, so all I have to do is put sauce on the dough, shred cheese and put on the pizza and bake. By following my methods you will have at least 2-3 homemade pizzas ready to go anytime you want. Who needs frozen pizzas? And forget takeout it takes less time to make it then for it to be delivered.
Organic Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe with Toppings Hidden Inside!
- 6oz of organic tomato sauce (not in a can as it will have BPA)
- 1/2 cup of organic chicken broth
- a pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup of diced organic tomatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup of diced sun dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of pink salt
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 1 tsp of basil
- ground black pepper
- a dash of Chinese chili paste or a dash of red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- For the toppings hidden inside I add (you can change this to whatever your fav veggie topings are)
- 3 mushrooms diced
- 1/3 cup of diced organic red onions
- a little frozen spinach (however much you like in it)
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan and simmer on medium until it starts to boil then turn down to your lowest setting. I usually start this while the pizza dough starts it's first rise.
- Continue to simmer stirring occasionally until slightly thicker then spaghetti sauce 1/2 hr to 1 hr. Make sure if using spinach or fresh basil that it is evenly distributed and not clumpy in the sauce.
- When finished spread what you want onto the pizza and put the remaining pizza sauce into freezable half pint containers making sure to leave at least 1/4 inch from the top to expand when frozen. Allow to cool to room temp before freezing. When you want to use your frozen pizza sauce in the future just take it out of the freezer the day before you want to make pizza and place in the fridge to defrost overnight.