Beef Tacos Recipe From Scratch
(serves about 3)
- 1 small organic onion diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves pressed through a garlic press or 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic (in the spice section of your grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons of ancho chili powder (I get mine at SuperTarget archer Farms Brand)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp of hot sauce (optional more or less to taste )
- 1 lb of grass-fed beef
- 1/2 cup of organic chicken or beef stock
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of organic raw cider vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of brown sugar (optional)
- ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and the ground beef and cook until the beef is no longer pink about 5 min
- Strain the fat from the ground beef and return to the same skillet.
- Add the garlic, hot sauce, and spices.
- Add the tomato sauce, broth, vinegar, and brown sugar; bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently and breaking up the meat so that no chunks remain, until the liquid has reduced (the mixture should not be dry if it is add more chicken broth).
- Serve on organic (or at least make sure the taco shells or tortillas you use don't have partially hydrogenated oil) taco shells.
This recipe is altered from America's Test Kitchen, my cooking bible.
Click Here For More Of Our Recipes