(Was Written orginaly in June) My husband and I went on a road trip to WI for 3 days, it rained for a couple of days. By the time I could work in our garden, the peas were completely overgrown. We had been meaning to trellis them, but hadn't got to it. Boy that was a mistake! I've spent days trying to fix it and harvest all of our peas. Next year I plan to plant half of the peas 3 weeks later, so the harvest is more even and I'm not so overwhelmed with the care and harvesting. I also plan to plant 6 -9 per sq foot instead of the 16 per sq foot I have been doing. I think this will help prevent mildew by increasing circulation and will be easier to maintain and harvest. And of course I plan to trellis them immediately. I'm still learning, but have come away from previous years when I didn't harvest my sugar snap peas at the right time. I learned the hard way that the pods do get fibrous if you harvest them to late.