Top Five 15 Min or Less Easy Snacks and Appetizers

By JULIE - 6:32:00 PM

Bacon wrapped Pickles with spicy cajun mayo recipe at Abbey's Kitchen
I won't be hosting a super bowl party, but I do love a good snack recipe.  At this time of year I always hear a ton of great ideals for snacks that gets me wanting to make some.  When I have hosted a party in the past I've found way to many interesting appetizers to make that sounded easy at first....until it came down to making all of them at the same time!  Now that I'm older and wiser I know that with appetizers it's best to keep it simple.  Which is why I'm sure you will love my favorite appetizers too.
I've developed this list with two critera: Is it crowd pleasing (if you made this for a party/pot luck would almost everyone devour it), and does it use simple easy to find ingredients and take less than 15 min to make?  These recipes are great for any party, pot lucks, and picnics.

1. Sugar Cookie Fruit Tart
Sugar Cookie Raspberry Tart recipe from Tried and Tasty
A sugar cookie fruit tart is such an easy desert option to make for any party, family gathering, picnic, or potluck.   I love that it can be so easy to make if you purchase cookies already made. These also could transport well if you can assemble them at the party or potluck. And I also love that they look special and fancy with little effort.  Who wouldn't want to try one?

Easy Peasy
Simply buy sugar cookies or make from scratch ahead of time.  If you are making more than a day ahead you can freeze them after they are baked by placing them individually on a cookie sheet  in the feezer until frozen, then place them in an airtight container, plastic bag, or wrap in aluminium foil for up to 2-3 weeks. I did this for the cookies I made for my husband and my reception.  It worked out great. 

Then mix cream cheese and powdered sugar, buy flavored cream cheese, or mix whipped cream cheese and stevia with a drop or two or vanila extract and or a few drops of lemon juice for the cream cheese spread.  Spread your cream cheese mixture on each cookie and top with desired washed fruit.

Recipe 
Get the full recipe (including the sugar cookie recipe) at Tried and Tasty.



2. Chicken and Waffle Bites
Chicken and waffle bites served with maple syrup from Sparkles and Stove
Yep you heard that right.  Chicken and waffle bites!   How ingenous is that?  doesn't your mouth water at the sound of that?  And not only does it sound great and will likely blow you guests socks off but it's super easy to make.  This ideal came from Sparkles and Stove.  They used Tyson's popcorn chicken (I would suggest Earth's Best Popcorn Chicken as a healthier alternative you can buy online or check for your local retailer here)and Eggo waffles (I would try to find organic waffles if possible instead Why?  Well let's just say after reading this you want all of your wheat products organic), and....fake syrup (please don't use fake syrup!)  I know real maple syrup is more expensive but it's worth it, it's so much better for you, fake syrup if just dyed corn syrup.  You can even make your own maple syrup from a maple tree check out our tutorial to find out how. We haven't made any for two years and we still have some that we made. 

Easy Peasy
Just cook popcorn chicken and cook frozen mini organic waffles cut up into small pieces, and serve with real maple syrup. 

3. Antipasto Kabobs
Antipasto Kabobs from Inspired Charm
I love the ideal of Antipasto kabobs.  Antipasto means "before the meal" and is the traditional first course of a formal Italian meal. Traditional antipasto includes cured meats, olives, peperoncini, mushrooms, anchovies, artichoke hearts, various cheeses (such as provolone or mozzarella), pickled meats, and vegetables in oil or vinegar.   So basically it's a deli platter on a stick.  Who doesn't love deli meat, cheeses?  You can also customize this easily to guests taste and or what you have on hand.  Great for a party or pot luck!

Check out Inspired by Charm to see how they created the delicious looking pic above to get some ideals.  And also check out Whole Foods Anipasto post to give you some other great ideals of what to put on your kabob!

Easy Peasy
What's great about this is you can use whatever you have on hand and or is at the deli and it takes like no time to put together, and looks super impressive

Recipe
Check out Inspired by Charm for the recipe.

4.  Bacon Wrapped Pickles
(Paleo, Gluten Free)
Bacon wrapped Pickles with spicy cajun mayo recipe at Abbey's Kitchen
Who doesn't love bacon and pickles?  And how easy is this?   Why did I never think of this before?  How great is this for a party or pot luck?  From now on this will be a staple at any party I have.

You can get the recipe from Abbey's Kitchen but it's basically just wrapping pickles with cooked bacon.  They have a cajun mayo dip with there bacon pickles, I would make mayo from scratch with my recipe so that it's only made from healthy olive oil.  I know what your thinking that sounds like to much work.  It seriously is soooo easy, just 5 min in the blender seriously and so much healthier.

Easy Peasy
Just wrap pickles in bacon, and secure with a toothpick, and bake in the oven.

Recipe
Get the full recipe at Abbey's Kitchen.

5. Peanut Butter Hummus
image via The Realistic Nutritionist
Want to make hummus but don't have tahini?  No problem just used peanut butter.  This is so good, especially with pumpkin or sweet potato chips.  You could also serve this with veggies for a healthier alternative.  I served this for Thanksgiving 2014 and it went over well.

Healthy Secret Ingredient
 My peanut butter hummus recipe has a surprise healthy ingredient, plain yogurt.  I've found that it makes the hummus lighter and fluffier, and more full proof, before trying yogurt with my hummus the texture never seemed right compared to what I have had at restaurants. 

Easy Peasy
Just put all ingredients in a food processor, process and serve. 

Recipe
Check out my peanut butter hummus recipe.

Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.

 ©Minneapolis Homestead All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced  http://theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It's a lot of interesting options to try, however I will try it.... :)

    Nice post.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts