Check Out My New Etsy Shop: Ornute

By JULIE - 11:22:00 PM

Brown Tweed Lacey Wool Cowl Worn As a Hood
I've been having fun learning how to knit and I just wanted to share with y'all (yes I did live in the south for a while)  that I decided to start my Etsy shop Ornute to showcase these items and more.  After working in fashion for years I know starting anything just before Christmas (especially online) is not the best ideal, but I couldn't resist.  I'm having so much fun knitting I just wanted to share it with everyone.
check out my hand knitted boot cuffs boot toppers

If you follow this blog you may be surprised to learn I have a background in fashion since I don't talk about myself much here.  I have a degree in fashion design, interned with designer Daryl K, and started my clothing line Ornute where it was sold in boutiques.  If you want to see some examples you can check out some of my work at  my other blog Oh You Crafty Gal.

The Monticello is hand crocheted cowl, soft, and super chunky, check out more cowls I've made
I stopped doing my clothing line to continue my education through a scholarship (can't turn down a free education!).  I always dreamed of starting my clothing line up again here in Minneapolis, but was disappointed when I learned through my research that it  wasn't a scaleable business model, because there is hardly any manufacturing in the USA any more (a great reminder to shop made in the USA).  Meaning it would be hard to find anyone to manufacture my line with small orders and therefore nearly impossible to grow beyond a very small business.
This scarf I hand knitted is so versatile, wear it as a scarf, or tie the fringe together to turn into an infinity scarf, or hooded cowl.  Check out my scarves and cowls here

I've since realized that I can still have my dream of having my own clothing line, just with the business model of an artist instead of a huge RTW (ready to wear) collection in stores.  I think this model will fit my lifestyle very well and gives me the freedom to create as much or as little as I desire.  My plan right now is just to make small collections for myself of what I really want to wear and to put in my Etsy shop.

Hand knit cowl with wooden buttons for a cat or small dog.
Yep it's official, I'm a crazy cat lady.  I knitted Mr Cat a cowl.  hey he gets cold in the winter too!  Works great for small dogs as well.
The Hawthorwn Brown Tweed Lacey Wool Cowl That Can Also Be Worn As a Hood

  Here's what's in my shop so far, tell me what you think.  I love your feed back!


These super soft hand knit boot toppers or boot cuffs are made of eco friendly recycled cotton and angora yarn

 

I made these white lace knee high boot socks to transition from winter to spring (they would be great for fall too!). 

I made these light grey knee high boot socks with lace, ruffles, and buttons.  Super cute with boots!

 

  A girl can never have to many thigh high socks!  Especially if it's trimmed with lace.  We have them in black and olive green with white lace. Great alone or with leggings under Over the Knee or thigh high boots or heels.

 I made these black knee high boot socks with a wider black lace.  I love the texture the lace adds!

Handmade grey fleece lined knit thigh high leg warmers with elastic lace Check out more of our lace trimmed leg warmers
The Elsa chunky hand knit skater skirt with a hidden drawstring from my own pattern  Check out my other skirts here

 
The Minx Cat Hat: Hand knitted from yarn recycled from sweaters Check out our hats here

The Winona can be worn so many ways: infinity scarf, hooded cowl, poncho, and shrug.  Hand knitted from soft acrylic/Wool yarn. 

Don’t forget to “likeus on Facebook.  Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus.  And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.  

©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts