Sweet Potato Pancakes With Peach Butter and Spiced Pecans
|Ezra Pound Cake|
Sweet Potato Pancakes With
Peach Butter and Spiced Pecans
- 2 1/2 cups organic wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of ground flax
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or 1 tablespoon of stevia)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large sweet potato, roasted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spiced Pecans, recipe follows
- Peach Butter, recipe follows
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter, and then add this to the dry mixture.
- Put the sweet potato, and honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a food processor and mix well. Add this mixture into the pancake batter. Let the batter stand for 1 hour (or you can make it a day ahead of time).
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add batter by the ladlefull and cook the pancakes, in batches, until golden brown on each side. Serve immediately with Spiced Pecans and Peach Butter.
|my pancakes, not as pretty as Ezra Pound Cake's but boy were they tasty!|
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon tupelo honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add all the ingredients and cook until the pecans are lightly brown and caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cool, and store in an airtight container.Yield: about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch sea salt
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
Don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook. Let’s be friends on Pinterest and we can follow each other on Twitter and Google Plus. And check out my other blog OhYou Crafty Gal.
©Minneapolis Homestead www.theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com All rights reserved. Photos and content cannot be reproduced
Similar Posts You Might Like: